American Bandstand and Dick Clark

I am in the category of Baby Boomers who were born 1942 to 1953; we associate their youth with Howdy Doody, Davy Crocket hats, and later, Woodstock and Vietnam War demonstrations.
My favorite was American Bandstand. I knew everyone of those kids names and embraced them like they were my best friend. I would dance through the whole show by myself, or with a broom or doorknob, and even the cat, if he would let me hold him. I loved that show and Dick Clark. We still get a glimpse of him on New Year's Eve, but those were the best times of my life.
When my husband and I got our first apartment we lived straight across the hall from a guy who's name was David Crocket and they called him Davy Crockett. I thought that was pretty cool, plus he was pretty cute too!
To me listening to the music of the 60's brings back the best memories. And that music never gets old, even younger adults listen to it and it is the best party music, no matter what age you are.
UPDATE TO THIS POST
Since I have published this post to the internet I have had the ultimate pleasure of receiving an e-mail from one of the regulars on American Bandstand. You have no idea how this has made my day, my week, my month and my year!! With his permission here is the e-mail that I received:
I am always glad to hear that so many people watched "American Bandstand" and enjoyed the show so much. I was one of those kids you watched ("the regulars") from "1959 through 1961." My partner was Bunny Gibson. As Dick Clark would say "Keep Rockin."
Fondly,
Eddie Kelly

1 comment:

Charles W Amann III said...

Eddie Kelly and Kathleen "Bunny" Gibson were among those famous couples who danced across that new invention called television on a show called American Bandstand over a half century ago. They were the first celebrities-for-celebrity sake and equal to the entertainment stars of the day. Come visit them and more at www.theprincesandprincessesofdance.com You will not be disappointed Best regards, Charles Amann